Your privacy is crucial to us
At Sloep Varen, we take your privacy very seriously. In doing so, we have some basic principles:
- We think about the personal information we request from you and the personal information we collect about you to perform our services.
- We never sell your data to third parties
- We keep personal information only when we have a reason to do so.
- We try to make it as easy as possible for you to determine what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines and permanently deleted.
- We are committed to full transparency about how we collect, use and share your personal information.
Who we are
Sloep Varen is responsible for the processing of personal data as reflected in this privacy statement.
Legal entity details:
Phone number: 0527 205 485
Email address: [email protected]
Chamber of Commerce number: 86000187
Jan Pieters is the Data Protection Officer for Sloep Varen. He can be reached at [email protected]
Personal data we process
Sloep Varen processes your personal data because you use our services and/or because you provide these data to us yourself. Below you will find an overview of the personal data we process:
- NAW details of billing address and delivery address
- Phone number
- Email address
- IP address
- Other personal data that you actively provide e.g. by creating a profile on this website, in correspondence and by telephone
- Location details
- your e-mail address if you post on this website
- Data about your activities on our website
- Data about your browsing behaviour across different websites (e.g. the domain name of other sites you consulted to go to our website)
- Internet browser and device type
- Payment details
- Login details (if you want to register on our website)
Our website and/or service does not intend to collect data on website visitors who are under 16 years of age. Unless they have parental or guardian consent. However, we cannot verify whether a visitor is older than 16. We therefore advise parents to be involved in their children's online activities to avoid collecting data on children without parental consent. If you are convinced that we have collected personal data about a minor without such consent, please contact us at [email protected], we will delete this information.
For what purpose and on what basis we process personal data
Sloep Varen processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Handling your payment
- Sending our newsletter and/or advertising leaflet
- Calling or emailing you if necessary to carry out our services
- Informing you of changes to our services and products
- Allowing you to create an account
- To deliver goods and services to you
- Sloep Varen analyses your behaviour on the website in order to improve the website and tailor the offer of products and services to your preferences.
- Sloep Varen tracks your browsing behaviour across different websites to help us tailor our products and services to your needs.
- Sloep Varen also processes personal data if we are legally obliged to do so, such as data we need for our tax return.
How long we keep personal data
Sloep Varen will not keep your personal data longer than strictly necessary to fulfil the purposes for which your data are collected. We have a retention period of 7 years for your order details required by the tax authorities. We keep statistical data for a period of 50 months.
Agreements with data processors
Sloep Varen shares your personal data with various third parties if this is necessary to execute the agreement and to comply with any legal obligation. We conclude a processor's agreement with companies that process your data on our behalf to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. Sloep Varen remains responsible for this processing. In addition, Sloep Varen provides your personal details to other third parties. We will only do so with your explicit consent.
Cookies, or similar techniques, that we use
Cookies are also set on this website by third parties. These include, for example, advertisers and/or the social media companies. Below is an overview:
- Google (Analytics, Doubleclick.net, Youtube, Adwords) (https://www.google.be/intl/nl_be/policies/privacy)
- Facebook (https://nl-nl.facebook.com/about/basics)
If you prefer not to install cookies, you can disable them in your browser. Please refer to the help function and/or your browser settings.
View, modify or delete data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your possible consent for data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by Sloep Varen and you have the right to data portability. This means you can submit a request to us to send the personal data we have on you in a computer file to you or another organisation named by you. You can send a request to inspect, correct, delete or transfer your personal data or a request to withdraw your consent or object to the processing of your personal data to [email protected]. To make sure that the request for inspection is made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your identity document with the request. In this copy, black out your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip of numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and Citizen Service Number (BSN). This is to protect your privacy. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but within four weeks. Sloep Varen would also like to point out that you have the option of submitting a complaint to the national supervisory authority, the Personal Data Authority. You can do so via the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons
How we secure personal data
Sloep Varen takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised modification. If you feel that your details are not properly secured or there are indications of abuse, please contact our customer service or via [email protected]. Sloep Varen has taken the following measures to secure your personal data: [add any other measures you take here].
- Security software, such as a virus scanner and firewall.
- TLS (formerly SSL) We send your data via a secure internet connection. You can tell this by the 'https' address bar and the padlock in the address bar.
- DKIM, SPF and DMARC are three Internet standards we use to prevent you from receiving e-mails on our behalf that contain viruses, are spam or are intended to obtain personal (login) data.
-DNSSEC is an additional security (complementary to DNS) for converting a domain name (#company_website) to its associated IP address (server name); it is provided with a digital signature. You can have that signature checked automatically. This way we prevent you from being redirected to a false IP address.
15 June 2023: Privacy statement drafted and posted on website